SERVES 8 I DIFFICULTY Easy
COOK TIME 35 I PREP TIME 30
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled & crushed
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 250 g fresh beetroot, peeled & finely grated
- 500 g lamb mince
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place quinoa & chicken stock together in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low & simmer for 15 minutes. Drain & allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, garlic & ras el hanout together in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Cover & cook for 10 minutes or until onion is soft. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked, drained quinoa, onion mixture, beetroot, lamb, egg, mint, coriander, parsley & seasoning together, mixing until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal patties.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil & cook 4 lamb patties for 3–4 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining lamb patties.